2008年7月14日月曜日

Real busy... but another render's coming up

Yeah, after that snag with my harddrive problem things have been quite hectic at work.
I'm quite depressed now about something, mostly about this big decision that I have to make regarding my career. But that's not the only thing that's on my plate...
but enough about that, this isn't the place to be bitching about it. It's a different blog.

There was nothing wrong with my harddrive by the way, I took it to the shop and all they did was swap the wiring. It appeared the harddisk was drawing power directly from the cooling fan, that explained why it experienced a slow-down and eventually shut down. Yeah, I don't know... that's what they told me anyway, didn't even charge me for anything so that was good. But one thing for sure, I had to reinstall everything, including windows... took me half a day to do that.

Well, as far as rendering and postworking go, I don't think I can ever stop doing. It's good practice for my real job and I derive a great deal of pleasure from doing them too. Unfortunately free time is a luxury I don't have often these days.

I'm anxious to start working on episode 2 of 'Nina vs. Anna'. But ideas are still brewing in the cauldron right now, such as possible poses, camera angles... I had a pretty good idea before about how I want to conclude the story. But seeing how the first episode turned out, I scrapped the original idea because it would be a snooze compared to that. The conclusion has to be at least more "explosive" than the beginning.

But another work is nearing completion now. It's a project I abandoned months ago, I gave it up not because I lost interest, but because I couldn't find any conforming clothing that would agree with the posing of the figures. A solution is to paint the clothing free hand, but I didn't have the skills back then... Even now it's not perfect by any means, but it's good practice and practice makes perfect.

Yeah, it should provide a good "interlude" between Nina vs. Anna episodes 1 and 2.

0 件のコメント: